Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11, 2010

**I’ve been meaning to write a meaningful post for a while now. This was supposed to be it, but I decided to just ramble.

 

Wow, it’s been almost a month since I last posted. I have these trends where I just seem to have a lot to say and then I go through these lulls. But then again, when I don’t have that much to say, I’m usually more at ease and it is typically when I am feeling good about things, or I’m just getting worked out of my mind. It’s been half and half over the past month. Anyway, that kind of segues into why I’m writing this post now. But first, I’ll quickly run through the happenings of the past month.

I have been going home seemingly every other weekend. Two weekends at home for spring break. I was back for two and a half weeks and I was home again for Easter break. That was a nice five days at home. I managed to do some things while really getting some relaxation time, and not just sit on my ass all day. I made my way down to TCNJ. It was my first time at TCNJ and it happened to be a lot bigger than I expected. It’s..interesting. Kind of barren, nothing sticks out in particular, and doesn’t see to be to my tastes. Perhaps that impression would change if I saw it during the day. As much as I would have loved to spend the night there, I just picked up Kalvin and headed up to Rutgers to spend the night with Ruth. That ended up being a mess of a night, but everything turned out fine in the end. I think that I should just never drink. Ever. It’d probably be better for me and for everyone else. I’m kind of afraid to drink now because of the potentially stupid things I might say or do. Plus, I still see very little benefits to being drunk. Friday, I hung out with the family and then went to Katie’s house at night. I saw Jess for the first time since Columbus Day that night. It was pretty exciting and definitely really nice seeing her. I miss her constant cheerful demeanor. The next morning, my brother and I went to see the New York International Auto Show at the Javits Center. Good day. Saw some incredibly awesome cars. Those pictures are posted on my Facebook. Then on Sunday, I found out how NOTHING was open on Easter. My brother and I literally drove up and down Route 10 looking for a place to eat lunch. That was an utter failure. Oh well. Came back to school on Monday afternoon with Joe, but that was after I got a chance to watch my brother play a tennis match. He played really well. It was really fun to watch and made me really miss playing high school tennis or just playing tennis competitively in general.

Anyway, that was definitely a much needed break. I had to suffer through my hell week of this semester and that really took a lot out of me. I had three exams in that one week and I literally did not leave my desk the whole week and I felt like my brains were going to blow up. Managed to do well, so the effort didn’t go to waste (82ish on Econ, but the class mean was 60ish, and my grade was that low only because I didn’t see a whole question; 96 in Calc3; 99 in Linear Algebra). A few weeks before that I had a Financial Accounting exam that I set the curve for, so naturally I got 100. Academically, I feel like I’ve been doing fine. It’s taking a lot out of me and I’m glad that I’m able to dedicate myself to doing well. I still wish I could get myself to work harder. I feel that there’s so much more that I can do to do better.

Yeah, so that’s that. Just a quick (not really) update of the goings of my life. I’ll have an actual insightful, meaningful post up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment