Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11, 2009

...and when I finally see the end to this endless chase, I will smack myself...

----------
Tennis is ridiculously fun, especially when you win. But just to get on the court and pull the ball, see the topspin, make that lefty hook drop shot tailing away from the opponent's backhand, bomb a first serve, slam a jump backhand and just simply reach back to smack an inside out winner is so thrilling.
It's good to be back on court. After two years of singles experience, I've come to realize that while I may not have the best strokes, I can outsmart my opponents. I have the game plan, I have the ability to see my opponent's weaknesses and to make my own adjustments, and I have the variety of strokes to throw my opponent off balance. As I have watched games on TV, I have grown. And within this maturation process, I now know that that power-hitting swaggering lefty that walked into tennis tryouts expecting to win on pure brute force was just plain stupid. Tennis is a game of intelligence and strategy as much as it is about athleticism.
----------
FBLA SLC tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment