Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 12 - March 13, 2009 FBLA SLC

I always seem to give myself high expectations and yield no results. Life just happens to be like that for me, and it's really my own fault.
Anyway, the trip itself was not bad. We had fun playing video games and swimming and sitting in the sauna. It just wasn't too particularly exciting.
Every time I go on one of these trips, I tell myself that I'm going to go meet new people, and hopefully get a change of scenery. It would help me get my head out of the past and move on to some new things. But it just rarely works out. Maybe I just suck at making myself meet new people, but I think the opportunities never come to me. I should really learn how to put myself out there and open up to others; be more aggressive rather than passive (or lazy for that matter). Then perhaps I'll find someone likable every once in a while and get some new friends. That would be nice. Some new friends and a little bit of change every once in a while.
Networking is important in business. I need to get out there and start letting people know who I am. No matter exactly what this yields, there would be benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment