Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 3, 2011

I’ve been getting really bored of life lately; even more so than normal. Having the opportunity to learn from some really great professors is awesome, but I hate this routine and the rigidity of everything. Despite my lack of time, I’m trying to think of ways to challenge myself further and stimulate some kind of interest. For example, taking an hour off a night from work to go to the gym has helped me get more energized. Another is to set aside a couple of hours a week to play tennis, particularly with a group of people as a social event. And most recently, I’ve issued myself a challenge of creating a stock overview and analysis report once a month. There needs to be more to life than going to classes day in and day out, repeating the same routine over and over again, and I need to convince myself of it.

----------

Taking four math classes and two finance courses in a semester is not really fun… I did not realize how much homework that would entail. I have really great professors though. I can say that 5 out of the 6 professors are very interesting and do not put me to sleep. At least that’s encouraging.

----------

It is so hard to believe how much snow we got over the past month or so. There are fifteen feet mounds of snow outside of my building. I’m at the point where I just groan when I look outside and see it snowing. No more “oh look at the snow, it’s so pretty.” This weather is actually making the whole 2012 end of the world bullshit more and more believable. It was actually hailing chunks of ice yesterday; big enough chunks that I had to brush them out of my hair. But then I saw this video…

Chunks of ice falling out of the sky? That can’t be good. Hope people parked their cars in their garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment