Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 16, 2009 - Epic Ski Trip


Overview (in order of what comes to mind at the moment):
-I can now tell people I have been on a double black diamond. And it wasn't even bad.
-I did not fall once. I came close a few times, but I saved myself.
-All my bad luck seems to be gone. But it's been transferred to my friends. (Shiv lost his keys, Kalvin broke his skis; basically what happened to me on that last trip)
-I think I might try to learn how to snowboard the next time I go, despite seeing everyone floundering in their attempts this time.
-Red Robin makes the best burgers in the world.
-I seem to have endless energy. When everyone was ready to crash, I still wanted to ski more.
-Ski trips in large groups are more fun than with small groups. I don't understand how people can just take a whole day to ski by themselves.
-I apparently look like a monster when I try running in skis.
-Floater are really annoying. And they can just appear randomly.
-Jackie, Vin, and Kim all fell asleep on the ride back. I ended up singing to myself.
-I found the keys that I lost last time. Amazing luck much?
-I am absolutely brilliant for bringing hot water and cup noodles. =D
-All that drama before the trip was so unnecessary. No one even cared once we got there and was ready to have fun.
-Ice and powder make for a very bad skiing combination.
-While I feel bad for Kush about his window, he's an idiot for driving that fast.
-I wish I spent more time with certain people, but I guess the last few runs made up for that.

Awesome day. But now my brain's gone to mush and school is a day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment