Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 25, 2009


People won't remember what you said to them, people won't remember what you did with them, but people will always remember the way you make them feel.



One of the speakers from the Iron-Hills Sportsmanship Summit said this. While I went in skeptical of the purpose of this conference, I honestly came out with a few things; some sports-related, some life-related. After the guy said this quote, it made me think a lot about the important people in my life - good friends, family - and it's hard not to agree. While I do often remember specific things people do or say, what helps me to remember these things is the way I felt in the moment. Thinking about this brought me back to so many good memories and it makes me wonder whether or not I'll ever feel the same again.
----------
As for the sports-related aspect of the conference, what I took from it wasn't anything new; it was just a reminder of all the things I should be doing on court every day. Have confidence. I know I'm a good player despite being an underdog. If I am just a little more confident and hit each shot with more conviction, I could potentially unleash whatever potential I have. Play against the game, not the opponent. This is something I really need to work on. It takes two people to play and both players are aiming for a shared goal. One will get it, one won't, but that's the point of the game. Eh, not sure that's exactly what I wanted to say, but that's as good as I can put it in words.
---------
I'm more excited than ever for the season. Yes, we're underdogs. We were also underdogs last year and we still managed a good season. If each of us just play just a little bit harder than we normally would each day, we have the chance to become of something. It's going to be fun. And I think I have my start-of-the-season pep talk ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment