Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 19, 2010

A week ago, I watched the Bollywood movie 3 Idiots. It was one of the greatest movies I have ever seen in my life. It invoked so many different emotions from me. It had a unique story and one of the best, most sincere motifs in any movies I have seen recently.

It was about forgoing customary expectations (those of society, parents, etc.) in favor of listening to the heart. People are able to find happiness and success through doing something they enjoy. Honestly, I don’t remember a lot of it at this point. I’ll definitely be watching it again when it comes out on YouTube. I found that the story was very relatable, especially as a college student raised by an Asian family. Next time I watch it, I’ll be sure to write a real thoughtful piece about it. This movie helped me learn a lot about myself and I think I should write about it. It’ll just be a lot easier when I remember the plot better and have quotes to back what I want to say.

Basically, go watch this movie if you haven’t already. It’s amazing and I’m sure you’ll take a lot out of it.

1 comment: